Monday, September 22, 2014

Flowers, Deer, Pumpkins and Painters Guild

Do you ever have times when you're just stuck in a rut and can't make your way out? I've been stuck in a rut lately but this one I like! Previous ruts were hard and I couldn't art much and couldn't slog my way out of them. But recently, as you can see from posts, I've been painting my way out. The rut I've been stuck in lately is painting envelopes. I've been exchanging art with friends and it's so nice to practice my drawing and painting skills on inexpensive materials like envelopes and watercolor paper. That way you don't have to commit every time to a more expensive canvas. I've been enjoying the process immensely!

I made these pieces over the weekend using an 11x14" piece of watercolor paper I tore in 3 pieces. I found images I liked on google or Pinterest and just had fun!

They fold up into a square and have a little flap. The small size is perfect for sending the ATCs I'm sending in them.

The pumpkins I free handed and they went through many revisions. I guess I need to go visit a pumpkin farm to understand what I'm wanting them to look like.

Little deery was fun to make. I found a vintage greeting card on Pinterest and tried to replicate it.

This week I branched out a bit more. The newer church we've been attending has a Painter's Guild. They have a monthly speaker and you come and paint what the artist is demonstrating or work on what you want instead.

She was painting a beautiful trees and Halloweeny landscape. I'm not much of a landscape person so I worked on this daisy instead. It needs more and I'm not sure how I'm finishing it but I like it so far. 11x14".

What are you creating today?

 

No comments: